TRAIN & PLAY | Intermediate Level Clinic
AGE: 10-14 years old
Feb. 10, 17, 24; Mar. 3, 10, 17, 24
Boys: 1:00 pm Girls: 3:00 pm
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
This 7 week intermediate level program combines skill development with game play. Each week players
will spend 20-25 minutes working on one skill/concept. For the he balance of the time, players will participate in a controlled scrimmage.
Coaches will instruct players through the
scrimmage to emphasize the use of learned skills during live play.
A stick and protective equipment is required for this program. Cleats or sneakers can be worn on the synthetic grass surface.
Week 1 - Skills Check-up
- Players will go through a series of drills to evaluate their individual strengths and weaknesses with fundamental lacrosse skills
- Coaches will make adjustments and corrections to player techniques and demonstrate correct setup and execution of skills
Week 2 - Catching, Throwing and Ground Balls
- Instruction on next level techniques for catching, throwing and picking up ground balls.
- Catching and throwing on the run, development of player's off-hand and next level ground ball skill progression will be covered including individual and team techniques
Week 3 - Dodge to Feed, Dodge to Shoot
- Coaches will demonstrate and instruct players on a variety of dodges and the mechanics of shooting and feeding the ball out of the dodge
Week 4 - Pick and Roll and 2 v 2 Lacrosse
- Coaches will demonstrate the "2-man game" and how to properly execute a pick and roll in lacrosse
Week 5&6 - Individual and Team Defense
- Coaching staff will demonstrate and instruct players on proper positioning and footwork necessary to play successful 1 v 1 defense
- Instruction on team defense concepts that incorporate 1 v 1 defensive skills and incorporate the proper mechanics of sliding and recovery
Week 7 - Wrap-up
- Quick warm up
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.