LEARN 2 LAX | Beginner Level Lacrosse Clinic
AGE: 5-8 years old
DATES: Saturdays, February 13, 20, 27
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
COST: $65 per player for 3 weeks
LOCATION: Sports Alley in Bellmore
This is the perfect introduction to the sport of lacrosse!
The goal of this program is to teach the basic skills of lacrosse in a fun, high-energy environment and share our passion for the game of lacrosse.
Our experienced staff specializes in working with new players to introduce the skills necessary to be a successful player and then reinforce those skills through activities and games.
Basic Stick Skills
- Players will learn how to properly hold the stick and position thier hands to cradle the lacrosse ball
- Players will learn how to move with the ball through the use of the cradle at different speeds and directional change
Picking Up/Scooping Ground Balls
- Instruction on the basic techniques to scoop up balls that are on the ground and transition to a cradle
- Players will learn the basic communication used by teammates during a ground ball situation and the overall importance of communication in the game of lacrosse
- Ground ball activities and games will be used to reinforce goundball techniques
Catching and Throwing
- Coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for catching and throwing. Players will mirror their actions
- Coaches will work with players to develop the proper catching and throwing techniques including hand and arm position, upper body movement and footwork
- Players will participate in drills to work on this skill both stationary and on the move
- Like throwing, coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for shooting
- Proper hand and arm position along with upper body rotation and footwork will be emphasized
- Players will participate in shooting drills that incorporate previously learned skills too
Location and Directions
2549 Merrick Road
Bellmore, NY 11710