LEARN 2 PLAY - Beginner Level 2 Lacrosse Clinic
AGE: 6-9 and 10-13 years old
Dec. 22, 29; Jan. 5, 12, 19, 26; Feb. 2, 9
Boys: 2:00 pm. Girls: 2:00 pm
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
Keep working on those skills! This clinic is for newer players that have completed the Learn 2 Lax Clinic or know some of the basics but have not yet played organized lacrosse.
The goal of this 8 week program is to reinforce the basic skills of lacrosse through new drills in a fun, high-energy environment and share our passion for the game of lacrosse.
Our experienced staff specializes in working with new players to introduce the skills necessary to be a successful player and prepare them to play organized lacrosse in the spring.
Only a lacrosse stick is needed to participate. All other equipment is optional.
- Catching/Throwing, Cradling and Ground Balls Refresh
- Coaches will refresh all players on the proper technique for catching/throwing, cradling and picking up ground balls
- Through a series of drills players will demonstrate their proficiency of these skills
- Shooting and Dodging Refresh
- Coaches will refresh all players on the proper technique for shooting and dodging
- Through a series of drills players will demonstrate their ability to shoot from a stationary position and then on the run after performing a dodge
- Skills Mash-up
- Coaches will demonstrate a series of drills that utilize all the skills learned to this point
- Players will perform drills and also take part in a series of small group competitions that emphasize the fundamentals of lacrosse
- Coaching staff will introduce the basic concepts of lacrosse offense and the relevant rules
- Players will work on proper positioning on the field, offensive spacing, and understanding the basic flow of a lacrosse offense
- Players will practice team offense, in a non-contact setting, that allows them to get comfortable with moving the ball in an offensive set, getting open for a pass/shot, cutting, and setting picks.
- Individual Defense
- Coaching staff will refresh players on the basic concepts of individual player-to-player defense
- Players will work on proper stance, footwork, body position and defensive techniques
- Players will be guided as to the basic rules of playing defense with an emphasis on safety and the use of body positioning over checking
- Team Defense
- Coaching staff will introduce the basic concepts of a team defense and relevant rules
- Players will work on incorporating individual defensive skills into a team defense set
- Players will practice team defense, in a non-contact setting, that allows them to get comfortable with defending an offensive player and building awareness of what is happening on the field around them
- This is the chance for players to show the cumulative skills they have learned over the session
- Activities and games will be used as an opportunity for players to show off what they have learned
- Players will be divided into teams based on size and ability for a few rounds of QUICKLacrosse
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.