LEARN 2 LAX | Beginner Level Lacrosse Clinic
AGE: 5-8 and 9-13 years old
DATES: Sundays, Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12
1:00 p.m.: Boys and Girls 5-8 y/o
2:00 p.m.: Boys and Girls 9-13 y/o
COST: $130.00 per player
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
This is the perfect introduction to the sport of Lacrosse! Only a lacrosse stick is required to participate!
The goal of this program is to teach the basic skills of lacrosse in a fun, high-energy environment and share our passion for the game of lacrosse.
Our experienced staff specializes in working with new players to introduce the skills necessary to be a successful player and then reinforce those skills through activities and games.
** For players that attended our fall clinics we will work with those players from the point the last session left off.
Need a Lacrosse Stick? We have a limited supply of lacrosse sticks available to loan to players. Please email us at email@example.com to reserve a stick.
Basic Stick Skills
- Players will learn how to properly hold the stick and position their hands to cradle the lacrosse ball
- Players will learn how to move with the ball through the use of the cradle at different speeds and directional change
Picking Up/Scooping Ground Balls
- Instruction on the basic techniques to scoop up balls that are on the ground and transition to a cradle
- Players will learn the basic communication used by teammates during a ground ball situation and the overall importance of communication in the game of lacrosse
- Ground ball activities and games will be used to reinforce groundball techniques
Catching and Throwing
- Coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for catching and throwing. Players will mirror their actions
- Coaches will work with players to develop the proper catching and throwing techniques including hand and arm position, upper body movement and footwork
- Players will participate in drills to work on this skill both stationary and on the move
- Like throwing, coaches will demonstrate the proper hand position and technique for shooting
- Proper hand and arm position along with upper body rotation and footwork will be emphasized
- Players will participate in shooting drills that incorporate previously learned skills too
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.