BOYS GEAR UP LACROSSE CLINIC (Intermediate)
AGE: 10-14 years old
DATES: Nov. 5, 12, 19, 26; Dec. 3, 10, 17
TIME: 2:00 p.m. (SECOND SESSION ADDED)
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
This 7 week intermediate level program is ideal for players that have developed the fundamental skills of lacrosse and want to take the next step or sharpen their skills during the off-season.
Our goals are to reinforce lacrosse basics, introduce new skills and concepts, and develop "lacrosse IQ."
Our experienced staff specializes in working with player development. Skills and concepts are introduced in a high energy environment by coaches that are passionate about the game!
A stick and protective equipment is required for this program. Cleats or sneakers can be worn on the synthetic grass surface.
Week 1 - Skills Check-up
- Players will go through a series of drills to evaluate their individual strengths and weaknesses with fundamental lacrosse skills
- Coaches will make adjustments and corrections to player techniques and demonstrate correct setup and execution of skills
Week 2 - Catching, Throwing and Ground Balls
- Instruction on next level techniques for catching, throwing and picking up ground balls.
- Catching and throwing on the run, development of player's off-hand and next level ground ball skill progression will be covered including individual and team techniques
- Emphasis on proper communication
- Game situation drills and games will be used for players to hone skills
Week 3 - Dodge to Feed, Dodge to Shoot
- Coaches will demonstrate and instruct players on a variety of dodges and the mechanics of shooting and feeding the ball out of the dodge
- Players will participate in drills designed to work on skills related to dodging and making a decision to feed the ball to an open player or to shoot the ball
Week 4 - Pick and Roll and 2 v 2 Lacrosse
- Coaches will demonstrate the "2-man game" and how to properly execute a pick and roll in lacrosse
- Players will participate in a series of short 2 v 2 mini-games to practice their pick and roll skills
Week 5&6 - Individual and Team Defense
- Coaching staff will demonstrate and instruct players on proper positioning and footwork necessary to play successfull 1 v 1 defense
- Instruction on team defense concepts that incorporate 1 v 1 defensive skills and incorporate the proper mechanics of sliding and recovery
- Situational drills will be used to practice technique with an emphasis on communication
Week 7 - Wrap-up
- This is the chance for players to show the cumulative skills they have learned over the session
- Players will be divided into teams for a QUICKLacrosse tournament
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.