BOYS ADVANCED LACROSSE CLINIC
AGE: 12-15 years old
DATES: Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12, 19
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Teamworks Northborough
This 7 week advanced level program is geared toward players that have 3+ years of organized lacrosse experience and a mastery of basic lacrosse skills. Players will learn next level skills and concepts expected from players at the elite high school and college levels.
Our experienced staff understands what it takes to play lacrosse at a high level and will challenge players play faster, with more precision, and not take short cuts.
A stick and protective equipment is required for this program. Cleats or sneakers can be worn on the synthetic grass surface.
Weeks 1-2: Advanced Skills Training
- Players will be evaluated on their basic lacrosse skills
- Coaches will tune-up fundamental skills
- Coaches will challenge players to execute their skills at full speed, with both hands, and with accuracy
Week 3-5: Offense and Defense
- Coaches will demonstrate and instruct players on advanced individual offensive and defensive skills and techniques expand individual offensive and defensive skills and techniques
- Players will work on dodging, decisions on when to pass or shoot, re-dodging, defensive angles, when to check or not check, playing the body and more
- Coaches will instruct players on team offensive and defensive principles
Week 6-7: Special Teams
- Coaches will introduce the strategy of face-offs and wing play, extra man offense (EMO), man down defense (MDD), fast breaks and slow breaks on offense and defense
- Players will participate in situational drills to develop these competencies
Location and Directions
185 Otis Street
Northborough, MA 01532
Teamworks is conveniently located off of Route 9 in Northborough, between Worcester and Framingham. This 70,000 square-foot indoor facility features a non-boarded turf field and 3 boarded turf fields.